Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Review: Soul Storm

Soul Storm Soul Storm by D.N. Erikson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

I already died once.
I'm sure as hell not doing it again.

I thought life was bad reaping souls for my vampire prick of a boss. Then someone killed my old friend right outside my house and planted the gun under my floorboards. 

Which is when I learned life can actually get a whole lot worse. 

Now I have the FBI breathing down my neck, trying to put me in cuffs. But even worse threats lurk in the shadows of this miserable island city I'm forced to call home. And one rain goddess believes my crimes deserve the death penalty...


My Thoughts:

I liked that the MC is good at heart despite being treated like she is less than dirt. Her boss is definitely someone that I wouldn't want to work for. I love that she is determined to keep the people around her safe if she can. There is also an interesting mash of characters, reapers, goddesses etc.

This book was ok. I was slightly disappointed because it took me longer to get into the story. It is, however, book one in a series so I am not surprised. Having read this author before, I know I will read book 2 because it always gets better.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment