Monday, February 26, 2018

Review: The Swiss Family RobinZOM (Book 1) The Classic Family Adventure... Now With Zombies!

The Swiss Family RobinZOM (Book 1) The Classic Family Adventure... Now With Zombies! The Swiss Family RobinZOM (Book 1) The Classic Family Adventure... Now With Zombies! by Perrin Briar
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:


A shipwreck; a deserted island; a horde of zombies; a single family fighting to survive.

This volume contains two thrilling tales:

WRECKED
After a tropical storm, the Flower family discovers a mysterious boat shipwrecked on their shore. An attempt to scavenge the wreckage awakens something dark and extremely dangerous. With the full weight of the undead descending down upon them, can the family prepare a strong enough defence? Or will they become the latest victims of a virus-ridden world?

GENESIS
Trapped aboard a ferry destined for their new life in the Philippines, the Flowers learn of a virus sweeping across the planet, turning people into flesh-crazed zombies. Early symptoms include a hacking cough, shortness of breath, and deathly pale skin. The exact same symptoms as a fellow passenger on board...

FLOWERS VS. ZOMBIES. Let the apocalypse begin.


My Thoughts:


Cover/Title: I don't want to rant but it really annoys me when I go to write a review and spend an hour trying to figure out why my search is coming up with a different title. My book is called Flowers VS. Zombies: Genesis but this one comes up when I search that. When I click on the link to see the book on Amazon, I see the book I read. The title here makes no sense. I understand that the author took inspiration from the original story of the Swiss Family Robinson. However, this book is about a swiss family with the last name Flowers. So naming it "The Swiss Family RobinZOM" is kinda like calling a cat "Dog". Ok, I am done with my rant about the title. The cover that I have on my version is interesting. The cover above is not. I like the zombies with the city looming in the background on my cover.

(my cover)
                                                            

Characters: I really enjoyed reading about this family. The kids seem fun and even the youngest kid insists on being part of the action.

Plot: The idea of a family shipwrecked during a zombie outbreak is interesting. I love how inventive this family is.

Overall: Aside from my cover rant, the only other thing I didn't like was the layout of the book. It seems like it started from the end and then starts over again from the beginning. Basically part 2 of this book is the beginning and then it continues in book 2. Part 1 of this book seem to be chronologically after book 2. Seems to be very confusing for no reason at all. I liked this book and I will probably give book 2 and possibly book 3 a try. If they continue to skip around like that, I probably won't finish the series.

Otherwise, the book was interesting and I enjoyed the story.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment