Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Review: The Last Bride in Ballymuir

The Last Bride in Ballymuir The Last Bride in Ballymuir by Dorien Kelly
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

Steeped in the age-old beauty and traditions of Ireland, Dorien Kelly's enchanting contemporary novel transports readers to a picturesque Irish village where passions run deep....
Miss Kylie "Soon-to-Be-a-Saint" O'Shea teaches at the Gaelic school, helps her neighbors and volunteers for every good cause. No one in Ballymuir can figure out why she keeps the interested lads at bay but they all warn her that she's in danger of fulfilling a local legend: becoming the last bride in Ballymuir. When a stranger named Michael Kilbride comes to the village wild rumors surround his every move. But Kylie, captivated by Michael's intense passions, lets herself go where Michael leads her -- into an awakening of dreams and desires...even if it means exposing her beloved village's and her own darkest secrets.

My Thoughts:


Cover/Title: The cover definitely makes me think bride and love. The reader definitely gets the idea that there is romance in this book.

Characters: I liked most of the characters. I felt bad for poor Michael. Gerry Flynn annoyed me.

Plot: The plot revolved around two people whose lives were damaged in different ways. I love how they turn toward each other to heal and move on.

Overall: This is a sweet romance about overcoming your past and moving forward. It was a bit slow but worth the read if you are in the mood for a romance book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment