Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Review: If I Wake

If I Wake If I Wake by Nikki Moyes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Synopsis:

Will is sixteen year old Lucy’s best friend. Their lives intersect in dreams, where destiny pulls them together through different times in history. Even though their meetings are more real to Lucy than the present, Lucy is uncertain if Will exists outside her mind.
Lucy’s mum thinks there is something wrong when Lucy sleeps for days at a time.
She is so caught up with finding a cure she doesn’t see the real problem. Lucy is bullied at school and is thinking of ending her life.
When the bullying goes too far and Lucy ends up in a coma, only Will can reach her. But how do you live when the only person who can save you doesn’t exist?
 

My Thoughts:

Have you ever had a very vivid dream? A dream so vivid that it feels like it is really happening. One that you wake up from very disoriented, trying to figure out where you are. What if you really lived another life when you went to sleep? This book explores this idea and I think the author does a fabulous job of it. I was pulled into this story so deeply that I really didn't want to stop just to sleep, even though my body desperately needed it.

Lucy
I felt so bad for Lucy. Her home life wasn't much to speak of and being bullied at school didn't help. She didn't have a place that she felt she belonged and was safe.

Will
I really liked Will in all his personas. He always made room for her in his life no matter the time era. I think I would have liked to see a bit of romance between them.

Overall, a great concept that was executed superbly. I would definitely read more by this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment