Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Review: The Case of the Voice Spell: A Hillcrest Witch Mystery

The Case of the Voice Spell: A Hillcrest Witch Mystery The Case of the Voice Spell: A Hillcrest Witch Mystery by Amorette Anderson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Synopsis:

Are you afraid of speaking up? 

When Penny Banks, amateur PI and witch-in-training, is asked to be on a talk show she gets a serious case of the butterflies. She hopes that the Voice Spell might help, but it calls for naked chanting under a full moon. Yikes! She’s not quite ready for that. 

As she tries to find a loophole in the spell, a body turns up in the creek that runs through town. Penny has to put her magical studies on pause while she gets busy investigating the crime. 

The Hillcrest Police Department isn’t happy to have Penny, her cat Turkey, and her witchy, knitting friends poking around the crime scene. 

Can Penny gather enough clues to solve the case before the police? Will she learn to use her true voice while she’s at it? 


This is book six in the Hillcrest Witch Mystery series. Would you like to read the series in order? Here’s your guide: 

Prequel: The Case of the Love Spell 
Book #1: The Case of the Power Spell 
Book #2: The Case of the Banishing Spell 
Book #3: The Case of the Desire Spell 
Book #4: The Case of the Trust Spell 
Book #5: The Case of the Vision Spell 
Book #6: The Case of the Voice Spell 

My Thoughts:

This series is so much fun. I love the characters and how they grow from one book to the next. They are becoming more confident in themselves and I like that. Their familiars are quite an interesting bunch. I really want to learn more about Anna's familiar as it is the newest addition to the bunch. Turkey is still my favorite. I mean who wouldn't love a talking cat with his own business? LOL He has ambitions than most people that I know. I am curious as to where their studies will take them next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment