Monday, December 17, 2018

Review: The Case of the Power Spell: A Hillcrest Witch Mystery

The Case of the Power Spell: A Hillcrest Witch Mystery The Case of the Power Spell: A Hillcrest Witch Mystery by Amorette Anderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

What’s your biggest fear? For amateur witch Penny Banks, it’s failure. 

Business is slow for Penny, the only PI in a small box-canyon town nestled in the mountains of Colorado. When the town mayor offers Penny a case, she can’t turn it down. 

While Penny struggles to unravel the case, she also has to figure out if she’s really capable of working magic. An ancient book told Penny that it was her destiny to become a witch, but if that’s true wouldn’t she be better at it? 

It’s a good thing Penny’s knitting circle is willing to lend a hand! 

A hunky vampire, a blue-haired rival witch, and a high-maintenance Chihuahua named Blueberry Muffin help (and hinder!) Penny along the way. 


My Thoughts:


I am really starting to get into this series. I enjoy the fun characters and especially the cat, Turkey. I literally laughed out loud during the handcuff debacle. My husband probably thinks I am nuts. LOL! The mystery wasn't too difficult but I did figure it out slightly before Penny did. I think one of my favorite things in this series is the build up to becoming a witch. She didn't just decide to be one and instantly know how to perform magic. No, this group of women are learning it as they go and it doesn't come naturally. It is a learning process. Overall, it is a pleasant read and I am looking forward to the next one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment