Thursday, November 1, 2018

Review: Shattered

Shattered Shattered by Anna Santos
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Synopsis:



After being held captive for several years by the lunatic vampire who had fun abusing and torturing her, Beth is rescued from the endless nightmare she had been living. Only to find out that her soul-mate is the youngest brother of the vampire she hates the most in the whole world–her tormentor and Marie's mate. 

Eric dreams of finding his soul-mate for almost two hundred years. When his family tries to apprehend his older brother Alaric, his wish comes true but with a price. His mate is terrified of him and males in general because of what his brother did to her. Eric needs to win her trust and make her believe that he's nothing like Alaric and he would never hurt her. 
Beth believes that her soul is damaged beyond repair. 

Can Eric fix her or are they doomed to be alone forever? 

My Thoughts:

I don't know why this one didn't seem as good as the others. I know it has been a while since I read book 3 but it took longer for me to make the connection. This book could almost be read on its own despite having some characters from the previous books. The last two books centered more on Jessica and the king so it was nice to break away again and center on other characters the reader met briefly. Although the book was really good, I think it lost something with very little interaction from Alaric. In the previous books, there was always a lot of action because of him. This book focuses on Beth, her healing after being rescued from Alaric and her budding romance with Eric. There really is no action until literally the last few pages when Alaric makes an appearance. I guess I just missed all the chaos and drama that Alaric causes but it was a nice love story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment