Sunday, April 2, 2017

Review: Dark Liaison

Dark Liaison Dark Liaison by J.D. Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book*

I previously read book 1 of this series and I had a hard time getting into the story. I couldn't connect with the characters at all. When asked if I wanted to continue the series, I honestly considered stopping at that point. However, the plot had the potential for a really good story and my gut was telling me to give it one more try.

As I started book 2, it was a bit of a slow start for me. However, that did not last long. I started to get into the story. I still get frustrated with Ema which is why this did not get a 5 star. I honestly can't relate to her very much. When I start to like her, she does something stupid. That being said, I wasn't ready for the book to end. I was fully invested in the story at that point and the ending just left me wanting more. I want to know what happens next. I am glad that I gave the series another chance. I am definitely looking forward to book 3.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment