Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Review: Code Orange

Code Orange Code Orange by Caroline B. Cooney
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was nothing like I expected. Honestly, I didn't even read the book blurb because I have read books by this author before and enjoyed them. For a book with so much about smallpox, I really enjoyed it. I never thought this topic would hold my interest but the author really did a wonderful job with this book. I read the book straight thru without putting it down. Using a term paper assigned at school, the author really brings the smallpox epidemic to life for the reader. Mitty becomes obsessed with his paper and the possibility of contracting smallpox. All because he decided to do his homework for a change. I love how Mitty blames doing his homework for his predicament but it is the knowledge he obtained from said homework that ultimately saves him in the end. This is definitely worth the read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment