Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Review: Nemesis: Book One

Nemesis: Book One Nemesis: Book One by David Beers
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

She's coming and there's nothing anyone anyone can do about it...
Nemesis is a serial novel, with new additions coming every sixty days
For a group of high school seniors, the world seems primed for the taking. Michael, Thera, Bryan, and Julie look up to a wide open sky full of stars shining like their hopes and dreams for the future.
Until one night at a party, they watch a star fall from the dark.
Michael and his friends soon discover that a star didn’t reach Earth. Something born of another planet did, a being that calls herself Morena—chased from her home and searching for a new one to birth her children. With indomitable will and more power than anyone on Earth could imagine, the alien wants the planet for her people.
As the four teenagers realize what she is, they understand that not only are their lives at stake, but the lives of every person on the planet. Earth's final Nemesis has arrived...
Nemesis is a serial novel that feature strong characters, riveting suspense, and gory violence. If you like Greg Isle and Stephen King, then you'll love this creepy, enthralling, and riveting saga.
GrabNemesis today to become obsessed with a chilling and captivating series!


My Thoughts:

Cover/Title: I found this book hiding deep within my kindle. I must have picked it up during a sale for freebie fest. I decided to read it for a challenge I was working on. I keep thinking that the title should be different for all the books in the series instead of Nemesis book 1, book 2 etc. Otherwise, why not just package it all as one book?

Characters:I just couldn't like these characters. Michael's friends were not very good friends and I didn't care for Morena much at all.

Plot: Morena shows up on earth in a crystal like space ship that apparently disappears after she takes over poor Bryan. She needs to find out if her people can live on Earth and she will do anything to achieve her goal. On the other hand, we have people who know she arrived and are treating her like a plague. What do you do when a plague has consumed a city?

Overall: This book just wasn't for me. I just couldn't get into the story or care about the characters. It was an interesting idea but it just wasn't executed well.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment