Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Review: Wicked Origins

Wicked Origins Wicked Origins by Paula Black
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

I have no idea what’s happening to me. 
When a tornado dropped my car in a land of short, wild people, I was shocked. With no way to get home, no idea where I was and no clue how to communicate with the muchkins, I was completely out of luck. Then I found out that my car had landed on someone and killed them. Supposedly she was the Wicked Witch of the East. 
If that wasn’t bad enough, now her ruby slippers magically appear on my feet, and slowly, I’m becoming her. 
Now I need to get to Emerald City and see the Wizard if I want to stop the transformation and return home. But the yellow brick road is no cake-walk, and I don’t know what I’ll find at the end of this journey. Luckily, I have three brothers I meet along the way to help me on my journey. Each of them is vying for my affection, as if it doesn’t matter that my skin is turning green. 
Wicked Origins is a modern YA Reverse-Harem Fantasy Retelling of L. Frank Baum’s original Oz tales.



My Thoughts:


I really enjoyed this re-imagined Wizard of Oz story. I loved that while keeping true to the magic of the original, the author was able to make changes and make the story her own. I was immediately drawn into the story and I couldn't put the book down. I was absolutely enthralled by it. I wanted to give it a 5 star but there are grammar errors sprinkled throughout. When you use words that sound the same but have different meanings, it really throws off the reader. Other than that, I absolutely loved the story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment