Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Review: Winds of The Forest

Winds of The Forest Winds of The Forest by Dele Daniel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

In the only surviving part of the earth sits the post-apocalyptic West-African Kingdom of Nayja. In the only place where humans still exist lives four tribes, the Kingfishers, the Ammirians, the Rowans and the Arnazuris but one tribe is dominant and must remain so.


Seventeen-year-old Genesis Romunda is one of the elite hunters of Black Forest, the Arnazuri community where there is no electricity except for solar-powered lamps sent from the capital, King's Forest. 

Genesis, the only hunter not joining the rebellion that is stirring thanks to the rebel Hawks, is distraught that her father believes in the rebellion. Why join a stupid rebellion when you know you have no chance? Why believe in prophetic songs of Griots when you know they are merely fairy tales?

When she is chosen by the Central Royal Council as one of the first females to ever attend Promenade, the elite university at the capital, everything changes as her world is turned upside down.


My Thoughts:

I started reading this book with an open mind and no real idea what the book was about. I was drawn into the story immediately. I couldn't put the book down. I wanted to know more about this world and the different tribes. I thought the people were interesting and the school was downright odd. I loved that the girls Madison, Alyssa and Genesis got along so well. I kinda wish Madison and Alyssa were a bit more involved in the story. I was very disappointed in Zudera. I thought she was a better friend than she was. Sentana surprised me in a good way but she also didn't play as much of a part as I would have liked. I would have loved to get to know those characters a bit more. I liked Jason a lot and was really rooting for him. When the book ended, I really wasn't ready for it to end. I want to know more. I will definitely be looking for the next book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment