Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Review: The Case of the Banishing Spell: A Hillcrest Witch Mystery

The Case of the Banishing Spell: A Hillcrest Witch Mystery The Case of the Banishing Spell: A Hillcrest Witch Mystery by Amorette Anderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

If you could banish something in your life, what would it be? 

When a local innkeeper calls Penny in to investigate a bloody paw print, Penny suspects that foul play is afoot. With the help of her telepathic cat, PI Penny takes on the case. 

One clue leads to another, and soon Penny suspects that magic beings could be causing the trouble! Who else would she call on for help but her smokin’ hot neighbor, Dr. Max Shire -- who has a PhD in all things magical and happens to be a vampire? 


At the same time, Penny and her coven of witchy sisters are learning the Banishing Spell. The problem is, it’s not really going well! In fact, it’s going terribly. Each attempt leads to worse results -- until the sisters are tempted to give up altogether! 

Can Penny banish trouble from her little mountain town? 


My Thoughts:


I am really enjoying this series. I loved that there are werewolves thrown into the mix now. However, I was disappointed in Chris. I liked him in the other books but not so much in this one. He seems to be close-minded. I wasn't a huge fan of Max until this book so I am interested to see how his character grows. Again, I loved that learning witchcraft was not easy to these women. I really like Silas also so I am hoping that he will continue to be a part of the series. Overall, another great addition to the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment