Sunday, August 13, 2017

Review: Grave Mistake

Grave Mistake Grave Mistake by Izzy Shows
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Synopsis:

I am Blair Sheach. Screw up. Outcast. Wizard. 

My life will never be the same. Let's just say, new found powers do not a hero make, and I've never been an exception. It was supposed to be a simple case: find the client's deadbeat, cheating husband, collect money, and finally pay my rent. Turns out the wanker is a necromancer hell bent on destroying London. Turns out necromancers are only part of the problem in a city infested by vampires and demons. And magic cops aren't any better at cleaning them up than mundane ones. Then there's me, I'm no one special. Just the last line of defense. 

I'm out of luck and out of time. And to save my city, the decision I have to make is one I can't take back. 



My Thoughts:



This book was ok. The beginning was pretty slow and I had to push thru it. It did improve but it seemed rushed. Blair just found out she had powers and barely had any training before everything went down. Then all of a sudden she could perform spells without ever learning the words or how to perform them. The day before she couldn't even manage to create a shield around herself and now she is saving the day and an experienced wizard can't even protect himself. I think the book should have been longer and maybe more time spent on her learning the skills so the ending might have been a bit more natural. It was too rushed to make a lot of sense.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment