Monday, October 8, 2018

Review: The Adventures of Alex Spider

The Adventures of Alex Spider The Adventures of Alex Spider by Dele Daniel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

When you lose everything and are forced to move far from everything you know, basically away from earth, it's hard to feel excited. That was the plight of Alex Spider. It didn't matter that he was moving with Uncle Dave and his lovely family. Everything still felt empty, distant and cold. 

It didn't matter that his cousin Kathy and her friends Elon and Angelo who call themselves the Spaghetti Squad were super fun and friendly, Alex just wanted to be alone. 

But when those walls start crumbling down and many Corgis mysteriously disappear at Silver Creek, Alex and the Spaghetti Squad must get to the bottom of it.



My Thoughts:


I had no idea what to expect from this book when I opened it. Little did I know that it would bring back fond memories of my childhood reading. It reminded me of reading books like Nancy Drew, The Hardy Boys, The Bobbsey Twins and Trixie Belden. The twist is that this little group of kids known as "The Spaghetti Squad" live on the moon in domes. Domes where you can vote on the weather or turn off the gravity for a quick float. Overall, a perfect new mystery series for the new generation.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment