Thursday, March 22, 2018

Review: Monster Born

Monster Born Monster Born by Kris Austen Radcliffe
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

Elves, werewolves, witches, vampires, and the patchwork son of Victor Frankenstein… 

A little Penny Dreadful
A tad bit Fargo
All Northern Creatures. 

Welcome to Alfheim, Minnesota. 

I walked out of the Arctic and into Alfheim’s magic two centuries ago. The elves had no idea what to do with the giant, re-animated corpse in their midst other than to offer me what they had long offered all unloved and unwanted magicals — a home. Without elven magic, the Alfheim Werewolf Pack would descend into madness. Without the stability of the elves, the local vampires and witches would fall prey to their own evil natures. And without the elves, I would still be the rage-filled monster stitched together by my father’s genius and unholy hubris. 

Now, I have a good life. I have family. Friends. A community that supports and protects me. But some ghosts from rage-filled pasts are more horrific than others. Some want to rip apart more than just my soul. 

Some want my flesh. And now I must face a vampiric demon so powerful not even elven magic can stop it…. 

Join Frank Victorsson and the magical people of Alfheim, Minnesota, in Monster Born, the first novel in the new Northern Creatures series from Kris Austen Radcliffe. 



My Thoughts:

Cover/Title: I was really interested in reading this book. I loved the cover and the title/synopsis drew me in.

Characters: I didn't particularly care for the characters. I just couldn't connect with these characters.

Plot: Frank is the "son" pieced together by Victor Frankenstein. There are odd things happening in town and they seem to center around Frank. He is determined to figure out what is happening.

Overall: My biggest problem with this book is trying to get interested in the story. It was so slow that I kept putting it down and finding other things to do. I finally just forced myself to finish it. I was hoping it would pick up later in the story. It did pick up but a little too late. By then, I was almost finished. Unfortunately, this is where I will end with this series. I am just not interested enough to find out what happens next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment