Thursday, January 14, 2016

Review: I Am Alive by Cameron Jace

I Am Alive by Cameron Jace
My Rating:5 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

Fans of Divergent, Hunger Games and Ready Player One will crave this world of dark secrets, intrigue and thirst for a better tomorrow.>

When they say you can't... it usually means you can.

I am not my heart rate.
I am not my stress.
I am not my fears.
I am not how I look like.
I am the very essence of me.
I am my will.
My passion.
My beliefs.
I am how much I can give and receive love.
I am infinite and possible & unpredictable...
I AM ALIVE!

Where Decca Tenderstone lives she is considered a monster, the lowest rank in Faya, where teenagers are ranked on a scale from one to ten on their sixteenth birthday. There's never been a Ten., but Six and above are permitted to live and grow up into adulthood. Five and below become monsters and are brutally killed for entertainment by the Summit. Period.

But Decca is different. She refuses to give in.

And when she meets the mysterious Leo Van Ark, who, in spite of being a Nine, is also hunted by Summit, she has a stronger reason to survive.

Will Decca and Leo ever make it, though no monster has ever survived? Will Leo open up to get and tell her about his secret? Will they change the world together? And most important of all, could Decca become the first Ten in Faya ever?

Celebrating the release of its sequel, I Am Alive is discount to $0.99 instead of $3.99 for a limited time.
 


My Thoughts:

This is book 1 in the series. If you liked Hunger Games then you will most likely this series.

Decca is supposed to be a seven (a rating system that people are discriminated by) but she decides to swap her rating with someone rated a "monster" (below a 5). Her friend, Woo, was in the previous years' Monster show and supposedly died. She doesn't believe he died as his body was never recovered.

She meets Leo, a nine, who rebelled against the system and is being punished. Now they have to survive the Monster show which is entirely hazardous to your health. There are buses blown up, tigers and so much more that they face. Hundreds of  "monsters" go in and statistics show that none ever come back.

I really loved this book. I am not surprised because Cameron Jace is fast becoming one of my favorite authors. He has such a wonderful imagination and story telling ability. I just couldn't put the book down once I started reading. I have read books from 3 other series and a standalone book and I can't choose my favorite. I love them all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment